The GMBC weather manipulators (a covert arm of the club) are not always able to ensure perfect weather. Occassionally a town event or road construction may interfere with the race course. We try not to cancel races, but if severe weather or another event appears to put racers or volunteers in danger, the event will be cancelled. Only races on championship courses will be rescheduled.
What cancels races?
- Impending thunderstorms, moderate to heavy rain, high winds, fog or impaired visibility, extreme heat (heat indexes in the mid 90s and above), or cold
and (temperatures and wind chills below 30 degrees) are likely to cancel events. Weather radar and hourly forecasts are used for decision-making.
- Town events such as school graduations or other events that result in pedestrians on the course and/or increased traffic, or unavailability of the designated parking area may cause race cancelation.
- Race cancellations will by made by 4:30 pm on race day and announced via the GMBC email list.
- The most reliable way to find out about cancellations is via the GMBC email list.
- Cancellations may be posted on Events if time permits.
- You may try to email Kevin if it is before 5:00 pm on race day.